Lassen Canyon International Intern
Lassen Canyon International (LCI) Intern
Ideal Internship for
: Business/Spanish Majors
- Works with customers to acquire appropriate documents in order for LCN to apply for import permits
- Work together with freight forwarders to schedule shipments via ocean or air.
- Keeps the customers well informed about the shipping date, and the estimated arrival date at destination.
- Insure customers receive the necessary documents, for the plants to clear customs at their destination.
- Recieves consignments arriving in Valencia, Spain, and makes sure the shipments are unloaded and properly stored in cold storage.
- To ship plants from the coolers to different destinations in Spain and EU countries.
LCI has operations in approximately 20 countries where strawberries are grown in volume.
Whom will Intern be working with:
The intern would be working with Rafael Cambra and Vicente Ivars.
The intern would be helping in clerical work, daily contact with customers, taking phone calls, answering e-mails, producing invoices, filing documents, keeping contact with freight forwarders, taking care of arrivals to Spain and dispatching expeditions from the coolers in Valencia.
Part time work of approximately 4 hours per day, Monday thru Friday, we consider being acceptable to start with. The intern should be available for traveling abroad.
Intern should be related to agricultural practices and/or business administration being more necessary agricultural skills. Also languages are required, mainly Spanish, English, and French, in that order.