1/8th of pie: 117 calories, 2g fat, 83mg sodium, 26.5g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 10g sugars, 3.5g protein — PointsPlus® value 3*
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Cool: 30 minutes
Chill: 4 hours
- 2 tbsp. Truvia spoonable no-calorie sweetener (or another no-calorie granulated sweetener; see HG FYI)
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- Two 1/4-oz. envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 8 cups (about 4 pints) sliced strawberries
- 1 cup pretzel sticks, crushed
- 1 cup natural light whipped topping (like Truwhip Light)
- Spray a 9″ deep-dish pie pan with nonstick spray.
- In a blender or food processor, combine sweetener, cornstarch, gelatin, 2 cups strawberries, and 3/4 cup water. Puree until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a nonstick pot. Set heat to high, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook and stir until mixture begins to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let cool for 10 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining 6 cups strawberries, and stir to coat. Transfer mixture to the pie pan. (It will be very full!) Let cool completely, 10 – 15 more minutes.
- Refrigerate until firm and chilled, at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with crushed pretzel sticks and top with whipped topping.
Makes 8 Servings
Visit Hungry-Girl.com to find more healthy recipes.